Donaire dominates Garcia Hernandez to win WBC silver belt


Former world champion Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire made a victorious return to the ring as he comprehensively outpointed Ruben Garcia Hernandez in a ten-round featherweight bout in San Antonio, Texas.

The three judges scored the bout 100-90, 97-93, 99-91, all in favor of Donaire, who bounced back from a controversial loss to Jessie Magdaleno in November 2016.

With the win, Donaire secured the WBC silver featherweight title, and put himself back in the conversation for future world title fights.

"I boxed very well, which is something I haven't' done in a long time," said Donaire, as quoted by Boxing Scene. "I moved my legs well and maintained it throughout the whole fight."

Donaire improved his career record to 38 wins with four losses, while handing Garcia Hernandez his third professional loss.

"I'll go look at this fight and see what I should have done to improve," said the 34-year-old Donaire. "It's great to get the victory and get a great learning experience under my belt."

This is Donaire's first fight under the banner of Richard Schaefer's Ringstar Sports.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad

Ads